At XanderLyn, keeping up on what’s taking place in Hollywood is a must! We know our clients look to Hollywood for wearable, everyday inspiration. Part of keeping up with what’s happening in Hollywood is watching events like the Emmys! Which is not a bad thing to do on a Sunday night, as it intertwines entertainment and education! Yes, there is no denying we love this as part of our job!
The “xamily,” aka the XanderLyn family, often looks to Vanessa Johnson, one of XanderLyn’s top go-to artists when it comes to on point Hollywood styles! With years of extensive styling and make up expertise behind the chair, not to mention countless education hours, Vanessa has style and make up wants and needs covered. After all, you don’t need to be in Hollywood to get beautified, it happens right here at XanderLyn Salon!
A very noticeable – and awesome – trend of the 2017 Emmy hair styles is that it is all extremely “salonable”! With our know-how, our hair clients can achieve these looks, along with the right hair tools and products. On the red-carpet, celebrity hair was understated, making it a true “accessory” to their wearable fashion; from fur and rhinestones to matted satins and plastics, shiny, sheer, embroidery! The color palettes truly had no boundaries at this awards show – from pastels to bold yellows along with two-one shapes and hues, all mixed up textures…. beautiful, bold, brilliant and very feminine.
Wearing such eye-catching fashion at the Emmy’s, hair was smartly made into a simple accessory to top it off! When looking at hairstyles, it’s also important to look at make-up. The simplicity of make-up was also very noticeable; sheer and young, traditional applications, bold eye paired with nude lip, simple eye with bolder lip. There was also understated contouring taking place to enhance the eyes and lips! So undercover yet so beautiful!
At XanderLyn, we share a love of adversity and have multi-cultural clientele. Take a look at some of our favorite women’s looks:
- Issa Rae – Rae’s braided crown is so on trend. The Insecure star and newest CoverGirl wore a long, vibrant red dress and paired her updo with kohl rimmed-eyes and a nude lip.
- Reese Witherspoon – Witherspoon’s hair and makeup combo is yet another example that simple doesn’t automatically equal boring. Reese’s unexpected Stella McCartney blazer dress was paired with sleek, straight hair with minimal makeup save for a swipe of cherry red lipstick.
- Zoe Kravitz -With her colorful feathery Dior ensemble and Tiffany bling, her look definitely called for simplicity. Her barely there makeup and pixie cut were perfect accessories for her styles.
- Shailene Woodley – Wearing a deep, moss green velvet Ralph Lauren collection, she kept minimal hair and make-up, subtly concentrating on magnifying her green sparkly eyes.
- Priyanka Chopra – She was wearing a skin tight white Balmain gown, adorned with crystals and a full, feather skirt train. The Pantene spokesperson wore her hair in a sleek ponytail while wearing a deep berry lip and a bold, red eye.
Lets not forget our men. Classic and more clean cut:
- Justin Hartley – In a navy tux and Montblanc watch, he keeps his hair traditional with a clean-cut shave.
- Sterling K Brown – Again, we’re seeing a traditional black tuxedo with barely there facial hair and a clean, traditional hairdo.
- Alec Baldwin – In a formal black tuxedo and gray hair parted on the side, Baldwin perfected the look for his Emmy acceptance speech.
If you’re obsessing over these Emmy looks as much as we are, visit us today to achieve your own Emmy-worthy style!
Until next time, have a beautiful day!